WATEQ MBR Plants incorporate the most up to date wastewater treatment technology, namely that of submerged Membrane Biological Reactor (MBR). These “Package MBR” offer a smart solution that surpasses other conventional ones of similar capacities, both in terms of compactness and performance.
These units are completely autonomous and provide high level of treatment, combining Biological Treatment + Ultrafiltration (UF) + Disinfection. They are produced in compact units of ISO-container dimensions for easy shipment and installation and are suitable for decentralized treatment facilities with high effluent requirements.
WATEQ MBR design philosophy can also be used for bigger capacity installations where the biological reactors can be built locally either in concrete or modular steel. The Membrane Operating System (membrane cell and machine room) is of packaged form, thus offering all the benefits of a smart prefabricated solution.
WATEQ MBR systems for the small packaged plants (i.e. up to 200 m3/d), incorporate flat sheet UF membranes of high packing density and for packaged units with capacities ranging from 300 up to 5,000 m3/d they incorporate reinforced hollow fiber UF membranes.
In general, MBRs have been applied to treat effluent in a number of industrial sectors, like:
- Food and beverage − high in organic loading
- Petroleum industry − exploration, refining and petrochemical sectors
- Pharmaceutical industry – have active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs)
- Pulp and paper industry − high levels of suspended solids, COD and BOD
- Textile industry effluent − re-biodegradability, toxicity, FOG content and color
- Landfill leachate − wide variety of dissolved and suspended organic and inorganic compounds
- Ship effluents − legislative requirements and space restrictions.
- Industrial versus municipal treatment
• Integrated tertiary treatment
• Fully tested before dispatch
• Ready to plug & play
• Modular design
• Space saving – Small footprint
• Quick installation and start-up
• High effluent quality suitable for reuse
Easy and Reliable Operation
• Fully automatic
• Controlled by PLC
• User friendly interface (touch screen HMI)
• Remote monitoring
• Excellent performance with process stability
• First-class membrane material
• High quality and consistent permeate production
• Easy and low maintenance
WATEQ MBR Plants Effluent Quality:
BOD5 < 5 mg/L
COD < 50 mg/L
TSS < 3 mg/L
TKN < 10 mg/L (with denitrification)
Turbidity < 1 NTU
Total Coliforms ≤ 100 CFU/100 mL (without residual disinfection)
Virus rejection < 3log